Saturday, March 8, 2008

I Got the Job!! I Think? :-)

On Friday when I arrived at the visiting nurse home care agency for my interview (10 minutes early), the owner and the lady doing the hiring were there. I needed to fill out more forms, many many more forms. Then they started giving me tests! An RN exam, a HIPPA quiz, and a test on blood borne pathogens. I passed them all. That helped boost my self-confidence a bit. :-) Then she gave me more forms to sign, including permission for a background check, a W-4 form, and a direct deposit form. At that point I figured out that I must have been hired! She never really quite said. She was very busy. It was a bit strange. Next, she wanted some of my saliva! I guess that's how they do their drug testing.
As if that weren't enough, I then had to start making a list of more things I needed to do. I need a physical, TB test, CPR class (my CPR certificate has expired), and a Hepatitis B vaccine booster. I hope they start running out of forms, tests & shots soon. lol.

No comments: