Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Angry Patient

I went to a client’s house today to do an assessment for an insurance company. I told the patient it would take at least an hour. I hadn't done one for this company before. There were 35 pages of questions to answer. The patient & her spouse were getting angrier & angrier. I explained that the insurance company sent the forms & I was doing my best to fill out forms as quickly as possible. I apologized that it was taking so long. They had been making insurance payments for 14 years & didn't like the interrogation. I can't say I blame them. It ended up taking an hour & 45 minutes. They copied down phone numbers for my agency & the insurance co. as well. I felt caught in the middle. I called my supervisor on the way home to let her know what happened & to expect a phone call. I'm not sure this is worth it. I'd like to just quit & stay home. It was a bad day!!!

No comments: